Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Favorite "Old Hollywood" Films

I love films from the first part of the 20th Century, Classical Hollywood Cinema. So many great films I still need to watch but I am going to list my Top 5 Favorite Old Hollywood Films. I'll try and keep it sweet and simple.


5. Gold Rush
Starring: Charlie Chaplin, Mack Swain & Tom Murry
This was the first silent film I ever watched. Saw this as kid late at night on TCM. Loved the film and found interest in Charlie Chaplin.

4. A Streetcar Named Desire
Starring: Marlon Brando, Vivian Leigh, Kim Hunter, Karl Malden
I haven't seen the play but I've watched the movie. It's amazing. Marlon Brando is pretty easy on the eyes. Drama set in New Orleans. 

3.Some Like it Hot
Starring: Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon
One of my favorite Marilyn Monroe films. Very funny and something the whole family can watch together.

2.Dinner at Eight
Starring: Marie Dressler, John Barrymore, Wallace Beery, Jean Harlow, Lionel Barrymore, Lee Tracy, Edmund Lowe, and Billie Burk
Jean Harlow looks beautiful in this film and it's very funny, ton of one liners. Love Jean's roll as Kitty. I'm actually planning to watch this movie tonight!

1. Gone with the Wind
Starring: Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, Leslie Howard, Olivia de Havilland
Classic. Romance, history, and drama wrapped up in one. Vivien is amazing and I really loved her character. It's a long movie but I don't care, Watch it!

    2 comments: