Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Revlon Moon Candy Nail Polish in Cosmic

Revlon released  a new nail polish collection called Moon Candy. I own the color, Cosmic. It's a 2 in 1 nail polish. One is your base color, while two has sparkling flakes that suppose to give your nail polish a "starry" 3D effect.

Cosmic's step one is a dark olive green, while the top coat is light green with multi colored glitter. Step one almost looks black in dark lighting. In the light, it looks a lot more olive.

First, I applied China Glaze's Strong Adhesion Base Coat. Next, I applied two layers of Cosmic's Step 1 before I applied two layers of Cosmic's Step 2. Then, finally, I applied my top coat, which is Pro FX's Quick Dry High Gloss Top coat.

The final results are shown as above. I do like the product, but I must say -- I'm not in love.

While there are some pros, such as - getting two nail polishes in one and the pretty cool effect I received...

In the end, I just found it too time consuming and I do not like the 2 in 1 bottle.  The bottle ended up rolling off my counter, so I was scrubbing nail polish off the carpet, despite my newly painted nails. So after applying 6 layers of nail polish, I had to scrub my carpet for the next half hour. Not fun. Also, the product looks really thick on my nails. If you look at the picture above you can see the thickness on my pinkie finger.

I'm not sure if I'll buy anymore Moon Candy products because I've found better luck   with the "original" Revlon Nail Enamel. But you never know, the other colors do look really pretty.

You can find these on Revlon's website. Also, look for them in your local drugstores.





No comments:

Post a Comment